Suzie Abel, of Jarrold, looks at potential Valentine’s Day gifts.
Valentine’s Day can be celebrated by everyone – young and old. It’s the day to tell someone that you’d like to know them better, or to tell someone dear just how much you love and appreciate them. If you’re very lucky it could be a huge bunch of red roses or a candlelit dinner but it doesn’t have to be quite so grand – it’s the sentiment that really counts. What a great time to treat your loved one to something special and, more importantly, something they probably wouldn’t buy for themselves. Here are a few ideas for him and her……..
- Coach, Signature EDT– you may not have heard of this American brand. For nearly 70 years, they have thrived in the heart ofNew York’s fashion district inManhattan. A favourite ofHollywood andNew York’s social set, this luxury brand epitomises leather innovation and design excellence. This first fragrance embodies the personality of the Coach woman – timeless, chic and sophisticated. The scent is classically inspired with a unique blend of soft florals. The top note sparkles with Green Mandarin, Violet Petals and Water Lily. Honey, Mimosa and Jasmine then add to the blend and Sandalwood and Amber Wood complete the dry down. It’s a truly delicious scent, 30ml £42.50, exclusive to Jarrolds
- Clinique, Moisture Surge Overnight Mask – many women view their skin care regime as a chore, sadly. Imagine if you could give them a gift that would make them change their minds. The quote that Clinique make about this product is “say goodnight to yesterday’s skin and face the day with morning dew”. It works throughout the night to replenish the skin with intense moisture, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and supple in the morning. Simply apply in the evening and let it work its magic overnight, 100ml £28
- Cartier, Eau de Cartier, Goutte de Rose – this limited edition is one of the prettiest fragrances I have seen for a while, and perfect for your Valentine. It’s bright and joyful, infused with the delicacy of a freshly picked garden rose – a pure and precious rose, perfumer’s diamond, plunged in Eau de Cartier. You can’t miss the pink juice in the bright fuchsia and white packaging, 50ml £43.50
- Dr Lewinns, Renunail Hand and Nail Cream – simply one of the very best hand treatments around with Pearl Extract, Calcium and Green Tea. Just massage the hands, nails and cuticles daily for perfect hands, 100g £12
- Annick Goutal, Mon Parfum Cheri – a scent created by Camille, the daughter of the founder of this beautiful French house, in honour of her mother. This chypre/floral/spicy blend evokesHollywood’s heyday – tempting satin, delicate lace, gloved hands and ruby lips – and it reminded her of her mother dressing for an evening out. A perfume with “darling” in the title couldn’t be better for this special day, 100ml £81, exclusive to Jarrolds.
- Ermenegildo Zegna, Z – this is quite a mouthful I know! He started his men’s fashion house in 1910 and it is now one of the most renowned inItaly. The fourth generation of the family are still at the helm and, as well as their own designs, they also manufacture suiting for Gucci, YSL and Tom Ford. Z is the first of his fragrance collection and is described as discreet and masculine. It’s a woody, watery aromatic scent. The white pepper and rosemary really hit you in the head notes but these quickly soften, and the cashmere wood and patchouli in the base notes hold it on the skin for ages. For someone who likes to be different, this would be the perfect choice, 50ml £40